We will be starting school on Wednesday, August 19th as previously planned. We are planning to stick to our original school schedule as best we can and only make changes if necessary. Please continue to watch your inbox for email updates and for “Social Distancing Details” for Back to School Night.
We will be opening as scheduled with the following precautions:
- During arrival to school please stay with your car and wear a mask. Teachers may take your child’s temperature and ask you health related questions. Please be considerate about you and your child’s health when coming to school. If you or your child have any flu-like symptoms or other suspected illnesses please keep your child home and share this information with staff via email, phone call or text message to the Director. Please share even if of questionable importance. Do not bring a student if suspected of exposure to COVID-19 or other contagious illness. You can also text the Director if your child will be absent for any reason.
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory for all inside of the school. We realize this will be difficult and because of this we will try to have part of our school day and activities outside as much as possible while the weather is warm.
- We typically are more than happy for parents to visit us inside the school, but this year we are going to request that parents do not enter the school unless absolutely necessary. Everyone will be required to wear a mask if they enter the school. If a parent arrives at the school and needs to speak to staff or pick up their child, they can call or ring the doorbell and a teacher will assist them.
- When students arrive at school, we will help them to hang up their backpacks and then wash their hands before playing with toys or looking at books. As long as the weather is nice, we will start our days outside. We will also be using hand sanitizer as we see necessary. Please label everything: coats, backpacks, masks, etc. We will provide one reusable mask for students and we will have disposable ones at school if one is forgotten. This year we will ask that your child does not bring toys from home or anything that is not necessary. No water bottles, we will provide disposable cups, etc.
- The school will be sanitized each day between AM and PM sessions and as necessary. A more intense sanitizing will take place each day after school.
- We ask that you please help prepare your child for school by practicing wearing a mask and taking temperatures at home.
We can’t wait to see you in a few weeks for our 50TH YEAR OF SCHOOL! Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this pandemic. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Director with questions or concerns.